New Braunfels Search & Rescue
The NBCERT Search and Rescue (NBSAR) team’s mission is to respond to calls for assistance for people who have become lost, injured or are in imminent danger. We are looking for a few good people who can qualify to wear our patch!
Are you someone who…
- Wants to contribute to their local community?
- Enjoys teamwork and the outdoors?
- Is physically fit and loves a challenge
- Has a desire to help those in need?
- Enjoys accomplishments and achievements
- Wants to make a difference in the lives of others?
Types of incidences and operations do we provide services?
- Lost Persons – wilderness missing/stranded hikers
- Evidence Search
- Search Management
- Recovery Operations
All of our team members go through National Association of Search and Rescue training including:
- SAR Tech Certifications
- Search Operations
- Missing Person Behavior
- Rope Rescue Techniques and Procedures
- Map & Compass
- Radio Communications
- Wilderness First Aid
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-200 & IS-700
Who are the members that make up the team?
The NBSAR Branch is comprised of dedicated volunteers. Our team members come from a variety of professions and experiences which brings many different skills to the team. Being a member of our team is challenging and exciting! Join the Search and Rescue team and help respond, so others may live.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid Class “C” Driver’s License or higher
- Have completed the 24-hour CERT basic training
All applicants undergo a background investigation.
Each applicant must be in good general physical condition, and able performance of the duties of the position.
If you are interested in becoming a Search and Rescue team member, please contact:
550 Landa St
New Braunfels, TX 78130